Once thought of as a luxury, facials are now known to be extremely important for the overall health of your skin and the second most popular spa treatment after massage. Facials work best when part of an on-going program of skin care.Why are they so important.
Benefits of a Facial
Facials are one of the best ways to take care of your skin, helping with issues such as premature wrinkles, dark spots (sun damage and melasma), acne, dull complexion, dry, flaky, oily and superficial skin problems. It’s amazing how beneficial it is to have a knowledgeable, licensed esthetician on your team who cares about your concerns. Having a professional skin care therapist closely analyze your skin, target and treat your areas of concern and show you how to properly care for you skin based on your unique needs is so important. Facials also aid in the relaxation of the facial muscles which can slow the onset of wrinkles and premature aging, help renew skin cells, immune system, and reduce puffiness and overall texture.
My moto is, “Healthy skin is beautiful skin.” and I am here to do whatever it takes to help you get your skin to that stage and keep it there.
Basic Steps of a Facial
- Consultation- You’ll fill out a simple questionnaire and talk with your therapist regarding your skin concerns and things that might affect your treatment.
- Skin Analysis- Your skin will be examined through a brightly lit magnifying lamp to determine your skin type and skin conditions.
- Steam- Depending on the treatment steam may be used to help open pores, soften, and relax skin.
- Exfoliation- Dead surface skin cells and dirt will be sloughed away through a customized treatment based on your skin needs.
- Facial Massage- Softens, stimulates and detoxifies skin and muscles. Increases circulation, blood flow and reduces fluid build up.
- Extractions- Removal of blackheads or whiteheads if you want it and need it.
- Facial Mask- Custom ingredients will be painted on your face and left on for 3 to 10 minutes to target to your skin needs and condition.
- Nourish and Hydrate- Toner, serums, moisturizer and sunscreen (daytime) will be applied.
- Advice on Home Skin Care- You may get a facial once a month but the other 353 days yo are responsible to keep your skin healthy.
A Gift Certificate for a facial makes a great gift for both men and women, and a perfect introduction to positive skin care for pre-teens and teenagers.